My strong desire to travel and explore has lead me to some of the most exquisite beaches in the world. I have swam in several different oceans and sank my toes into many different types of sand, including black sand, lava rocks and sand as white and fine as sugar. It is hard to compare them all…but here are a few of my favorites beaches to vacation at.
- Carlsbad, CA has fantastic beaches for the active person. On any given day of the year at a beach in Carlsbad, you will find people jogging, walking, playing volleyball and Frisbee, and of course surfing. There is plenty of room for all along the 6 mile stretch of beaches in Carlsbad. The sun is warm and the water is very refreshing. This is perfect for a family beach vacation.
- Upon traveling to Hawaii (Oahu), I found myself at the most relaxing beach known to man. The water was very calm and the most gorgeous shade of turquoise. I floated on a raft for hours while the rest of my troubles just melted away. Kailua Beach can be found by taking the scenic Pali Highway 12 miles north of Honolulu towards the tiny beach community.
- The Gulf of Mexico has always been intriguing to me because of the warm water and white sandy beaches. On a Mexican adventure I took, I found Cozumel to have unbelievable snorkeling and scuba diving. The water temperature is very pleasant while at the same time viewing the most colorful and exotic fish I have ever seen.
- Myrtle Beach I found to be a fantastic destination for the whole family. The many resorts there cater to family-friendly activates while offering excitement and entertainment along the boardwalk. The beaches are amazing and the southern local flair is welcoming and friendly.
- Last but certainly not least, I have a special place in my heart for Miami Beach. The Latin influence exudes out of this exciting beach metropolis. The beaches are expansive while offering incredible people watching and your chance to really let loose.
Let us know if you have your favorite beach vacation and a picture of it… we will add it to our blog!